WHAT IS PHP
The PHP (Recursive Acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a programming language that allows web developers to create dynamic content that attach with databases. PHP is actually used for developing many web based software applications. My that tutorial helps you to build your base with PHP. PHP is a widely used open source general purpose scripting language which is commonly suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. PHP is a server-side scripting language this is embedded in HTML. It's miles used to control consultation tracking,databases,dynamic content, even construct whole e-commerce websites.It is integrated with a lot number of popular databases, including MySQL , Informix , Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase and Microsoft SQL Server. PHP supports a huge number of major protocols such as IMAP, POP3 and LDAP. PHP4 added support for Java and divide object architectures (COM and CORBA), making n-tier development a possibility for the first time. PHP is a program that gets install on hte top of your web server software. It works with different of Apache, Microsoft IIS and many other server software packages. PHP is a scripting language, like as HTML. That's mean that code does not need to be compiled before it gets used — it gets processed on the fly as necessary.
History Of PHPPHP began out as a small open supply task that advanced as Increasingly more Human beings found out how Beneficial it Was. Rasmus Lerdorf unleashed the primary version of PHP manner again in 1994.
Personal Home page forms Interpreter:
- Create by Rasmus Lerdorf
- PHP/FI 1.0 released in 1995
- PHP/FI 2.0 released in 1997
PHP: Hypertext PreProcessor :
- Creat by Andi Gutmans and Zeev Suraski
- PHP 3.0 released in 1998
- PHP 4.4 released in 2005
- New Object Model
- PHP 5.0 released in 2004
- PHP 5.3 released in 2009
Common uses of PHP
- PHP act system functions, Like from files on a system it can create a file, open, read, write, and close them.
- PHP can handle forms, like get data from a files, save data to a file, through email you can send your data, get back data to the user.
- You can also add, delete, modify elements using within your database through PHP.
- with the help of PHP,we can Access cookies variables and set cookies.
- Using PHP, You may Restriction users to Access a few Pages of your Website.
- It can encrypt data.
Characteristics of PHPFive important characteristics that make PHP's practical nature possible −
Simple Example"Hello World" Script in PHP
To get a feel for PHP, we first start with a simple PHP scripts. Since "Hello, World!" is an essential example, first we will create a friendly little "Hello, World!" script.
As mentioned earlier, PHP is embedded in HTML. That means in it amongst your normal HTML (or XHTML if you're cutting-edge) you'll have PHP statements like this −
<?php echo "Hello, PHP!";?>
</html>It will produce following result −
echo "Hi, I am a 1st PHP script!";
It will produce following result −
Hi, I am a 1st PHP script!
What are the differences between PHP4 and PHP5?
Even as PHP5 turned into Purposely designed to be as well suited as possible with preceding variations, there are Some Sizeable Changes. Some of these Modifications Consist of:
- A brand new OOP model primarily based at the Zend Engine 2.Zero
- A brand new extension for stepped forward MySQL support
- Integrated local guide for SQLite
- A brand new error blunders reporting constant, E_STRICT, for run-time code recommendations
- A host of recent features or new functions to simplify code authoring (and reduce the want to write your own capabilities for plenty not unusual methods)